Title: Extended: UNICEF RFP LRPS-2017-9132298, Conducting a Nationally Representative Study on Parents' Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices in the Area of Early Childhood Care and Development.UN tender
Reg. no.: UN Tender17/01540
Launch date: 09 June 2017, 10:35 (GMT+3:00)
Deadline: 30 June 2017, 17:00 (GMT+3:00)
Extended deadline: 14 July 2017, 17:00 (GMT+3:00)
Procurement method: UN Tender
UNICEF Moldova is looking for a company to conduct a Nationally Representative Study on Parents' Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices in the Area of Early Childhood Care and Development
The purpose of the consultancy is to assist UNICEF Moldova and Governmental counterparts in conducting a nationally representative household-based KAP study to have reliable data in the area of early childhood care and development (ECCD).
Objectives of the study:
a) To collect national representative data (except the left bank of the Nistru River) on ECCD focusing on parents and caregivers with children aged under 7 years.
b) To track the progress on the current 2013-2017 UNICEF – Government of Moldova Country Program of Cooperation (CPC) key results indicators as follows:
- Percentage of parents using abusing forms to discipline their children (beating)
- Percentage of parents of children aged under 7 years that recognize at least two danger signs during childhood illnesses
- Percentage of parents/caregivers reading to their children every day
- Percentage of parents/caregivers who adopt ECCD practices in health, nutrition, education, play, loving environment and inclusive communication/interaction
- Percentage of parents/caregivers who consider that children with special needs should attend regular preschools
c) To have quantified baselines for key results indicators for the upcoming 2018-2022 UNICEF – Government of Moldova CPC as follows:
- Percentage of caregivers who accept children with disabilities in regular pre-schools and schools
- Percentage of caregivers applying positive parenting practices (health, nutrition, education, play, loving environment and communication domains)
- Percentage of parents/caregivers having knowledge and skills to practice positive parenting with children 0-6 years of age in all ECCD domains
- Early Childhood Development (ECD) Index
d) To provide solid evidence for decision-makers, policy planning and monitoring in the area of ECCD with the focus on equity and disparities that exist in the country.
Instructions for proposal submission:
Full proposals should be submitted in ENGLISH and must be received not later than 17:00 (GMT+3) on 14 July 2017 in one copy, duly signed and dated. Bidders must submit a sealed proposal, with two separate sealed envelopes inside for a) the Technical Proposal and b) the Price Proposal.
Sealed proposals must be securely closed in suitable envelopes and dispatched to arrive at the UNICEF office indicated no later than the closing time and date. They must be clearly marked as follows:
- Outer envelope: Name of company
RFP number LRPS-2017-9132298
131, 31 August 1989 street, Chisinau, Moldova
- Inner envelope – technical proposal: Name of company, RFP number - technical proposal
- Inner envelope - price proposal: Name of company, RFP number - price proposal
Hardcopy proposals received in any other manner will be invalidated.
Proposals sent by e-mail should be submitted in ENGLISH and must be received not later than 17:00 (GMT+3) on 14 July 2017 in one separate e-mail for the Technical Proposal containing a scanned copy duly signed and dated with the e-mail subject LRPS-2017-9132298 – Technical and another separate e-mail for the Price Proposal containing a scanned copy duly signed and dated with the e-mail subject LRPS-2017-9132298 – Financial. Please password-secure the PDF file containing Price Proposal or compress it with ZIP archiver with password protection and do not provide the password until requested further by UNICEF.
The official address for e-mail submission will be email@example.com . The e-mail sent shall be free from viruses and corrupted files. Max. File Size per transmission: 5 MB.
Full RFP text, including assignment details, requirements and Terms of Reference is available in the attached document.