Title: UNICEF Moldova Specific Call for Expression of Interest, Child Friendly Justice (EXTENDED until 28.03.2017).UN tender
Reg. no.: EoI17/01447
Launch date: 21 February 2017, 16:33 (GMT+2:00)
Deadline: 10 March 2017, 23:59 (GMT+2:00)
Extended deadline: 28 March 2017, 23:59 (GMT+2:00)
Procurement method: Expression of Interest
UNICEF Moldova is currently inviting interested Civil Society Organisations to express their Specific Expression of Interest for a project related to Strengthening the child sensitive justice system for children victims and witnesses of crimes, and for children below 14 years old in contact with the law in Moldova.
The proposal should aim at achieving the following results:
- children victims or witnesses of crimes and their families have improved access to justice and receive psycho-social and legal assistance;
- legislative reform rationalises and improves the efficiency and quality of child friendly hearing, adopts and uses standards for child friendly hearing rooms, regulates the status of interviewer and the functioning of specialized services for psychological recovery of child victims of violence, neglect, exploitation and trafficking;
- 80% of children victims of violence, neglect, exploitation and trafficking heard in a child friendly manner positively assess the services rendered as per the international standards;
- National Action Plan for rehabilitation and social reintegration of child victims of violence, neglect, exploitation and trafficking developed and curricula for justice system, law enforcement, social and medical professionals working with children victims of violence, neglect, exploitation and trafficking developed;
- capacities of at least 120 justice, law enforcement, social and medical professionals in the districts where prosecution offices have hearing rooms are improved in handling criminal cases involving children victims or witnesses and at least 85% of them are assessed fully mastering the knowledge about their range of responsibilities and ways in providing (therapeutic, social, psychosocial, legal) support to children and their families;
- capacities of 30 police personnel, prosecutors and judges in the two model districts are improved in handling children cases and using appropriate newly developed monitoring tools and at least 85% of them participate in monthly individual coaching.
The proposals for partnership could aim at attaining all or several of the above listed results. Joint proposals of two or more Civil Society Organisations and more than one expression of interest per Civil Society Organisation are allowed.
Within the scope of this call for expression of interest, last disbursement, as per agreed budget, will not be paid after 30 November 2017.
The purpose of the Call for Expression of Interest is to identify eligible Civil Society Organisations for prospective partnership with UNICEF Moldova Country Office. Eligible Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) are invited to submit proposals for partnership to support achievement of results for children outlined in the UNICEF’s 2013-2017 Country Programme in its section 1.3 below.
Organisations that wish to participate in this Call for Expression of Interest are requested to send or deliver their submission in a sealed envelope clearly marked “CSO Call for Specific Expression of Interest for a project related to Strengthening the child sensitive justice system for children victims and witnesses of crimes, and for children below 14 years old in contact with the law in Moldova” at the following address:
UNICEF Moldova address
131, ‘31st August 1989’ str., Chisinau, MD-2012
Deadline for submission of the specific expression of interest is 28 March 2017, 17.00.
Applications must be submitted in English.
Any requests for additional information should be addressed in writing by 21 March 2017 at the latest to email@example.com. UNICEF responses to any queries or clarification requests will be made available to all online on the “Tenders” page of UNICEF Moldova website before the deadline for submission of applications, or by e-mail to all invited/inquiring civil society organisations.
Applications will be assessed by an evaluation committee to identify CSOs that have the mandate, capacities and comparative advantage to support achievement of results for children using criteria outlined in section 3 below. It should be noted however that participation to this Call for Expression of Interest does not guarantee the CSO will be ultimately selected for partnership with UNICEF. Selected CSOs will be invited to review and finalise partnership agreements in accordance with criteria outlined in section 3.4 below and applicable policy and procedures on partnership with CSOs.
Applicant CSOs will be informed of the outcome of their submissions by communication sent out to the email/ postal address that is indicated in the CSO submission.
Supporting documents:SCEI_Child Friendly Justice.pdf