Title: UNICEF RFP 9144532, Review of Assessment and Evaluation in Education in the Republic of Moldova.UN tender
Reg. no.: UN Tender18/01845
Launch date: 14 November 2018, 17:30 (GMT+2:00)
Deadline: 29 November 2018, 17:00 (GMT+2:00)
Procurement method: UN Tender
UNICEF Moldova invites interested companies to submit their proposals for the Review of Assessment and Evaluation in Education in the Republic of Moldova, analyse the context, assess the strengths and weaknesses of assessment and evaluation arrangements of the general school system and provide concrete policy recommendations to enable the country to use the analysis to develop a robust strategy for strengthening its national learning assessment system.
The consultancy is expected to be carried out within a 7-month period, starting from December 2018 and ending in June 2019.
The objectives of this consultancy are:
- Analyse the design and practices under each of the four components – student assessment; teacher appraisal; school evaluation; system evaluation – and at how they can enhance student learning
- Analyse the linkages between different types of assessment (large-scale assessments, examinations, formative assessment) and the cohesion between these and other aspects of the system, such as curriculum, textbooks, teacher education/ training, classroom instruction and education management information systems (EMIS)
- Identify the challenges and opportunities for developing a coherent assessment and evaluation framework that can inform evidence-based policymaking and practices - at the various levels of the system, i.e. student, teacher/school leader, school and system
- Propose better link between the international assessments with the national assessment system
- Identify and propose best ways to support schools in collecting and analysing learning evidence to inform school and classroom practices, school development planning, etc.
- Provide concrete policy recommendations to enable the country to use the analysis to develop a robust strategy for strengthening its national learning assessment system.
How to apply:
Full proposals should be submitted in ENGLISH and must be received not later than 17:00 (EET) on 29 November 2018 in one copy, duly signed and dated. Bidders must submit a sealed proposal, with two separate sealed envelopes inside for a) the Technical Proposal (including signed Bid Form) and b) the Price Proposal.
Sealed proposals must be securely closed in suitable envelopes and dispatched to arrive at the UNICEF office indicated no later than the closing time and date. They must be clearly marked as follows:
- Outer envelope: Name of company
RFP number LRPS-2018-9144532
131, 31 August 1989 street, UN House, Chisinau, MD-2012 Moldova
- filed and signed Bid Form;
- Inner envelope – technical proposal: Name of company, RFP number - technical proposal
- Inner envelope - price proposal: Name of company, RFP number - price proposal
Proposals received in any other manner will be invalidated.
Sealed proposals received prior to the stated closing time and date will be kept unopened. The responsible officers will open technical proposals when the specified time has arrived and no proposal received thereafter will be considered. UNICEF will accept no responsibility for the premature opening of a proposal not properly addressed or identified. Any delays encountered in the mail delivery will be at the risk of the bidder.
Offers delivered at a different address or in a different form than prescribed in this RFP, or which do not respect the required confidentiality, or received after the designated time and date, will be rejected.
All references to descriptive materials should be included in the appropriate response paragraph, though the material/documents themselves may be provided as annexes to the proposal/response.
Proposals sent by e-mail should be submitted in ENGLISH and must be received not later than 17:00 (EET) on 29 November 2018, in one separate e-mail for the Technical Proposal containing a scanned copy duly signed and dated (including signed Bid Form) with the e-mail subject "LRPS-2018-9144532 Technical", and another separate e-mail for the Price Proposal containing a scanned copy duly signed and dated with the e-mail subject "LRPS-2018-9144532 Financial". Please password-secure the PDF file containing Price Proposal or compress it with ZIP archiver with password protection and do not provide the password until requested further by UNICEF.
The official address for e-mail submission will be firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-mail sent shall be free from viruses and corrupted files. Max. File Size per transmission: 15 MB. Please note that submission received after 17:00, 29.11.2018, will not be considered for opening and evaluation.
Proposers are required to submit any questions in respect of this RFPS by email to Liudmila Lefter at email@example.com. The deadline for receipt of any questions is 27 November 2018, 17:00.
IMPORTANT: PROPOSALS ARE NOT TO BE SENT TO THE INDIVIDUAL STATED ABOVE - ANY PROPOSALS SENT TO THE ABOVE NAMED INDIVIDUAL WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
Usually the questions received will be anonymized and posted, together with the replies, on the UN.md and UNGM.org webpages this announcement is published on.