Title: UNICEF RFP 9141526, Analysis and costing models of cash-based social protection measures for vulnerable children.UN tender
Reg. no.: UN Tender18/01790
Launch date: 26 July 2018, 17:16 (GMT+2:00)
Deadline: 10 August 2018, 17:00 (GMT+2:00)
Procurement method: UN Tender
UNICEF Moldova invites interested companies to submit their proposals for performing the analysis and costing models of cash-based social protection measures for vulnerable children
Duration: August – December 2018 (5 months)
Purpose of this Request for Proposal:
The purpose of the RFP is to identify a qualified company to identify feasible options to fine tune the Ajutor Social (AS) programme in order to give options related to better coverage of specific groups of households (HH) with children (i.e. HHs with 3+ children, HHs with disabled children and/or caregivers, and single parent HHs).
The consultancy will focus on answering amongst others the following questions:
- What are the barriers preventing the Ajutor Social programme to reach the vulnerable HHs as mentioned above?
- What are the indicators that could be taken out from or included in the set of proxies being used for HH’s qualification to AS, in order to increase the coverage of the vulnerable HH mentioned above? How much this would cost?
- How much an increased an increase of the AS entitlement per HH member, according to specific HH member characteristics (child, disabled person, single parent) would cost?
- How many new HH’s from the poorest quintile will be “new entrants” to the AS?
- How much would it cost to include these new comers?
Requirements for company team qualifications and experience:
- University degrees, team leader with an advanced degree, in economics, public finances and social sciences;
- Experience in the development of services, public expenditure, budgeting and costing, especially in modelling and costing of social protection programmes;
- Knowledge of international standards and global policies in social protection and child care system reform and deinstitutionalization (UNCRC, UNCRPD, CEDAW, relevant Council of Europe conventions, UN Guidelines on the Alternative Care of Children etc.);
- Knowledge of Human Rights Based Approach to Programming (HRBAP) principles and gender equality principles and gender mainstreaming;
- Substantial experience in conducting similar costing analyses;
- Excellent analytical knowledge and skills;
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written;
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills;
- Previous work experience with an UN agency is a strong asset.
How to apply:
Full proposals should be submitted in ENGLISH and must be received not later than 17:00 (EET) on 10 August 2018 in one copy, duly signed and dated. Bidders must submit a sealed proposal, with two separate sealed envelopes inside for a) the Technical Proposal (including signed Bid Form) and b) the Price Proposal.
Sealed proposals must be securely closed in suitable envelopes and dispatched to arrive at the UNICEF office indicated no later than the closing time and date. They must be clearly marked as follows:
- Outer envelope: Name of company
RFP number LRPS-2018-9141526
131, 31 August 1989 street, UN House, Chisinau, MD-2012 Moldova
- filed and signed Bid Form;
- Inner envelope – technical proposal: Name of company, RFP number - technical proposal
- Inner envelope - price proposal: Name of company, RFP number - price proposal
Proposals sent by e-mail should be submitted in ENGLISH and must be received not later than 17:00 (EET) on 10 August 2018, in one separate e-mail for the Technical Proposal containing a scanned copy duly signed and dated (including signed Bid Form) with the e-mail subject "LRPS-2018-9141526 Technical", and another separate e-mail for the Price Proposal containing a scanned copy duly signed and dated with the e-mail subject "LRPS-2018-9141526 Financial". Please password-secure the PDF file containing Price Proposal or compress it with ZIP archiver with password protection and do not provide the password until requested further by UNICEF.
The official address for e-mail submission will be firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-mail sent shall be free from viruses and corrupted files. Max. File Size per transmission: 15 MB. Please note that submission received after 17:00, 10.08.2018, will not be considered for opening and evaluation.
Questions from Proposers
Proposers are required to keep all questions as clear and concise as possible. The questions received will be anonymized and posted, together with the replies, on the UN.md webpage this announcement is published on.
Please find detailed information in the Terms of Reference attached as Annex B to the RFP document.
Questions and Answers:
Updated as of 01.08.2018:
We would like to request the following documents mentioned in the RFP:
- ENGLISH version of Ministry of Labour, Social Protection and Family (MLSPF). 2016. The 2015 Annual Social Report. The one available at http://msmps.gov.md/sites/default/files/document/attachments/rsa2015.pdf is in Moldovan
- UNICEF report: Cash-based social protection for children in the Republic of Moldova, UNICEF, 2018
- OPM report: Strengthening the effectiveness of the social safety net project: Consultancy for ajutorul social evaluation and design, Oxford Policy Management, 2017.
- CRC report: Concluding observations on the combined fourth and fifth periodic report of the Republic of Moldova, 2017
- The 2015 MLSPF Annual Social Report is not available in English. The only available version is in Romanian.
- 2018 UNICEF Report “Cash-based social protection for children in the Republic of Moldova, UNICEF, 2018” is available at the following link:
- OPM report: Strengthening the effectiveness of the social safety net project: Consultancy for ajutorul social evaluation and design, Oxford Policy Management, 2017. There are only some resources available, not the report itself, at the following links: https://www.opml.co.uk/projects/evaluation-of-social-assistance-in-moldova ; https://www.opml.co.uk/projects/effective-sustainable-social-assistance-services-moldova
- CRC report: Concluding observations on the combined fourth and fifth periodic report of the Republic of Moldova, 2017, available at the following link:
Supporting documents:Cash-based Social Protection for Children.Feb2018. FINAL for copy-editing.pdf