Title: UNICEF RFP 9138405, Comprehensive Education Sector Analysis (ESA), Republic of Moldova.UN tender
Reg. no.: UN Tender18/01714
Launch date: 15 March 2018, 18:29 (GMT+2:00)
Deadline: 05 April 2018, 17:00 (GMT+2:00)
Procurement method: UN Tender
UNICEF Moldova invites interested companies to submit their offers for performing the Comprehensive Education Sector Analysis (ESA), Republic of Moldova
The purpose of the consultancy is to provide technical assistance to the Government of the Republic of Moldova in undertaking a comprehensive analysis of the Education sector in line with GPE guidelines.
The consultancy is expected to be carried out within the period April – 30 September 2018 (exact timeline subject to update at the contracting stage). The final deliverables, including the final report of the analysis, needs to be presented to and validated by UNICEF and MECR no later than 30 September 2018.
The objective of this consultancy is to conduct a comprehensive analysis of the Education sector in Moldova covering: early childhood education, primary, secondary, higher and vocational education, and should also include non-formal education, as well as adult literacy and life-long learning.
Qualifications and experience
- Research or academic institution with proven experience and involvement in developing of Education or related sectors Strategy documents (examples of specific strategic documents and/or policies developed should be provided);
- Experience in working on human (child) rights or social sector analysis projects;
- Proven ability to secure a team of consultants working across specific education sector areas: early childhood education, primary, secondary, higher and vocational education, non-formal education, adult literacy and life-long learning, gender aspects in education and financing of education system programs (information on past projects involving multidisciplinary teams to be provided)
- Demonstrated experience of work with Governmental institutions. Previous experience in working with the Government of the Republic of Moldova, the Ministry of Education, Culture and Research is a strong asset;
- Previous work with UNICEF, other UN agencies, or the WB is an asset.
- Team Leader:
- Advanced University Degree in Education, Social Sciences or related field;
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience in education policy development, analysis, research or evaluation;
- Proven experience in quantitative and qualitative research in education or another social field;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the education system in Moldova is a strong asset;
- Familiarity with international, EU and European Commission policies and benchmarks in education and best European practices in the field of education;
- Demonstrated experience of work with the Government of the Republic of Moldova in undertaking research/evaluations/reviews in the social field is a strong asset;
- Good command of English or Romanian, both oral and written.
- Consultants in the team:
- Advanced University Degree in Education, Social Sciences, Finance, Monitoring and Evaluation, Gender, IT;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience in quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation in the education sector and/or relevant technical fields (Social Sciences, Finance, Monitoring and Evaluation, Gender, IT)
- Experience in working with the Government of Moldova and/or UNICEF or other UN Agencies, the WB will be an asset;
- Familiarity with the education system in Moldova is an asset;
- Demonstrated capacity to analyse policy documents and formulate policy recommendations including efficient and effective use of funding;
- Good command of Romanian or English, both oral and written.
Please find detailed description of the assignment in the Terms of Reference enclosed as Annex B to the attached Request for Proposal document.
How to apply:
Full proposals should be submitted in ENGLISH and must be received not later than 17:00
(EET) on 5 April 2018 in one copy, duly signed and dated. Bidders must submit a sealed
proposal, with two separate sealed envelopes inside for a) the Technical Proposal (including
signed Bid Form) and b) the Price Proposal.
Sealed proposals must be securely closed in suitable envelopes and dispatched to arrive at the
UNICEF office indicated no later than the closing time and date. They must be clearly marked as
- Outer envelope: Name of company
RFP number LRPS-2018-9138405
131, 31 August 1989 street, UN House, Chisinau, MD-2012 Moldova
- filed and signed Bid Form;
- Inner envelope # technical proposal: Name of company, RFP number - technical proposal
- Inner envelope - price proposal: Name of company, RFP number - price proposal
Proposals received in any other manner will be invalidated.
Proposals sent by e-mail should be submitted in ENGLISH and must be received not later than
17:00 (EET) on 5 April 2018, in one separate e-mail for the Technical Proposal containing a
scanned copy duly signed and dated (including signed Bid Form) with the e-mail subject
"LRPS-2018-9138405 Technical", and another separate e-mail for the Price Proposal containing
a scanned copy duly signed and dated with the e-mail subject "LRPS-2018-9138405 Financial".
Please password-secure the PDF file containing Price Proposal or compress it with ZIP archiver
with password protection and do not provide the password until requested further by UNICEF.
The official address for e-mail submission will be firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposers are required to submit any questions in respect of
this RFPS by email to Liudmila Lefter at email@example.com. The deadline for receipt of any
questions is 2 April 2018, 17:00.
IMPORTANT: PROPOSALS ARE NOT TO BE SENT TO THE INDIVIDUAL STATED ABOVE -
ANY PROPOSALS SENT TO THE ABOVE NAMED INDIVIDUAL WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
Please find detailed information on submission details in the attached Request for Proposal document.
Q&A added on 27.03.2018
Q1: Can we submit a mixed expert team, with both Romanian speaking experts and English-speaking experts?
A1: A mixed team of experts is accepted, given they comply with the required qualifications stipulated in the TOR.
Q2: Ministry of Education materials for review and further correspondence will be in Romanian or English?
A2: Most of the Ministry of Education materials for review will be in Romanian.
Q3: We are considering a JV participation, with one of our partners. Regarding organisational expertise, would it be evaluated together or separate for each member of the JV? (e.g. min 3 similar projects)
A3: Since a JV might be formed ad-hoc for a specific assignment, with no previous experience as a team, we will evaluate the qualifications of the JV team based on the team members individual expertise, which has to be directly linked to the ToR requirements for the experts involved. In this regard, please highlight the ToR-relevant team members qualifications and expertise in the technical offer.