Title: UNICEF Moldova: Specific Open Call for Expression of Interest, KAP Study.UN tender
Reg. no.: UN Tender17/01571
Launch date: 21 July 2017, 17:19 (GMT+3:00)
Deadline: 04 August 2017, 17:00 (GMT+3:00)
Procurement method: UN Tender
The purpose of this Specific Open Call for Expression of Interest is to identify eligible Civil Society Organisations for prospective partnership with UNICEF Moldova Country Office.
Eligible Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) are invited to submit proposals for partnership to support achievement of results for children outlined in UNICEF’s 2013-2017 Country Programme and section 1.3 of the attached document.
Specific activity to be implemented by applying CSO:
Carry out a representative study on parents' knowledge, attitudes and practices (KAP) in ECD (parents using abusing forms to discipline their children (beating), parents reading to their children every day, parents/caregivers who adopt an integrated approach to child development (health, nutrition, education, play, loving environment and communication.
Objectives of the study:
a. To collect national representative data (except the left bank of the Nistru River) on ECCD focusing on parents and caregivers with children aged under 7 years.
b. To track the progress on the current 2013-2017 UNICEF – Government of Moldova Country Program of Cooperation (CPC) key results indicators as follows:
- Percentage of parents using abusing forms to discipline their children (beating)
- Percentage of parents of children aged under 7 years that recognize at least two danger signs during childhood illnesses
- Percentage of parents/caregivers reading to their children every day
- Percentage of parents/caregivers who adopt ECCD practices in health, nutrition, education, play, loving environment and inclusive communication/interaction
- Percentage of parents/caregivers who consider that children with special needs should attend regular preschools
c. To have quantified baselines for key results indicators for the upcoming 2018-2022 UNICEF – Government of Moldova CPC as follows:
- Percentage of caregivers who accept children with disabilities in regular pre-schools and schools
- Percentage of caregivers applying positive parenting practices (health, nutrition, education, play, loving environment and communication domains)
- Percentage of parents/caregivers having knowledge and skills to practice positive parenting with children 0-6 years of age in all ECCD domains
- Early Childhood Development (ECD) Index
d) To provide solid evidence for decision-makers, policy planning and monitoring in the area of ECCD with the focus on equity and disparities that exist in the country.
Organisations that wish to participate in this Call for Expression of Interest are requested to send or deliver their submission in a sealed envelope clearly marked “CSO Call for Expression of Interest, KAP Study” at the following address:
UNICEF Moldova, UN House Moldova, 131, ‘31st August 1989’ str., Chisinau, MD-2012
Deadline for submission of the expression of interest is 4th August 2017, 17:00.
Applications must be submitted in English.
Any requests for additional information should be addressed by email by 31 July 2017 at the latest to email@example.com. UNICEF responses to any queries or clarification requests will be made available to all online on the “Tenders” page of the UNICEF Moldova website before the deadline for submission of applications, or via email sent to inquiring CSOs.
Applications will be assessed by an evaluation committee to identify CSOs that have the mandate, capacities and comparative advantage to support achievement of results for children using criteria outlined in section 3 below. It should be noted however that participation to this Call for Expression of Interest does not guarantee the CSO will be ultimately selected for partnership with UNICEF. Selected NGOs will be invited to review and finalise partnership agreements in accordance with criteria outlined in section 3.4 below and applicable policy and procedures on partnership with CSOs.
Applicant CSOs will be informed of the outcome of their submissions by communication sent out to the email/ postal address that is indicated in the CSO submission.
Supporting documents:Attachment I-IV SCEI_KAP.docx
Specific Open call for expression of interest_KAP.pdf