International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Addressing brain-drain through temporary return of expatriated Moldovan scientists
Request for expression of interest
Job title: Local Consultant
IOM Project to which the Consultancy is contributing:
“Supporting the implementation of the migration and development component of the EU-Moldova Mobility Partnership”.
Nature of consultancy: Contribution to the temporary and permanent return of expatriated Moldovan scientists at research and educational institutions in Moldova.
Period of implementation: April 2010 – July 2012
Objective: Promoting brain gain aspects of migration by mobilizing the diaspora's scientific elite and its young generation researchers for the development of science back in Moldova, by liaising with research and educational institutions in Moldova to identify institutional counterparts interested in hosting an expatriated scientist/researcher
- Professionalism, good communication, organizational, drafting and reporting skills;
- Extensive knowledge about research & development sphere in Moldova;
- Extensive pre-existing contacts within the Moldovan research community and institutions
- Knowledge of and an extensive network of contacts within the Moldovan expatriated research community
- Work experience with public institutions in Moldova;
- Knowledge regarding initiatives and activities undertaken in the field of brain gain;
- Work experience in undertaking information campaigns promoting public policy subjects.
- Knowledge of Romanian, Russian, and English is necessary.
Interested candidates should submit their CVs and a cover letter either in hard copy or electronically.
- Documents in hard copy need to be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to:
International Organization for Migration
36/1, Ciuflea street, MD-2001, Chisinau
Attention: Ludmila Vasilov
- Documents sent electronically need to be addressed to the following e-mail address:
email@example.com, copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents need to be clearly marked with the note “Temporary return of Moldovan scientists”
Short listed candidates will receive the full terms of reference for the consultancy following receipt of their CVs and cover letter.
Contact persons for clarifications:
Ludmila Vasilov – tel. 232940, ext. 140, email@example.com
Vitalie Varzari – tel: 212547, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 9 April 2010, 18.00 (local time)