UNIFEM CIS Sub-Regional Office is seeking for applications from eligible candidates for a National Evaluation Expert.
Purpose: The National Evaluation Expert shall support the international consultant in undertaking final evaluation of the UNIFEM/Sida Programme “Promoting Gender Equality in National Development Policies and Plans”.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Facilitate and assist the international consultant in data collection (including interviews with partners, statistical evidence and survey data, program files, websites and online data, field work, etc.)
- Support the International Consultant in drafting of Progress Report on the results of the field and data collection work (to be submitted to UNIFEM CIS Sub-regional office and key internal and external stakeholders)
- Contribute to Draft full report highlighting key evaluation findings and conclusions, lessons and recommendations.
- Organize consultation with key programme partners and stakeholders in order to validate the key findings of the report and collect feedback and recommendations to inform the final evaluation report
- Support International Consultant based on consultations with partners and stakeholders in producing Final evaluation report and five-page executive summary
Qualifications and skills required:
- At least a university diploma in social science, economics or quantitative methods
- Minimum 3 years experience in international environment, minimum 2 years experience in international development in similar assignments
- At least 1 year experience in gender equality, economic policy and statistical methods
- Fluent in written and oral English, Romanian and Russian
- References will be required.
Terms of Reference
Personal History Form (11)
Deadline: 21 January 2009, COB (Moldova time)
While all applications are appreciated, only those short listed will be contacted.
Failure of candidates to submit a duly completed P11 form, as well as false representations on this form, shall constitute sufficient grounds for withdrawal of further consideration of the application. All information provided in the P11 form will be treated as strictly confidential.